Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Soul
Newcomer
Newcomer
Soul

XPoints 177
. X
¨ Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul X

~* Artist ID *~
Commission are : --
Art Style:
Awards: -none-

Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul Empty
PostSubject: Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul   Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 7:50 pm

Overview - Fantasy, Action/Adventure, Mystery/Suspense-Rated PG-13 for Violence and possibly Disturbing Images...if that still counts in ratings. I don't really know.

The World of Fable - In the days since the Great Apocalypse, the world has been very different. The event seemed to have altered the very faces of man and beast alike, creating entirely new breeds of warriors and monsters. This madness could only have been brought forth by one thing; Pandora's Box. The chaotic device forged by the gods to punish the mortal land has been opened and it's lost its content, resulting in the world you see before you. The only hope for the world to return to the way it once was is to find Pandora so that we may close and seal the box...then, and only then, can we hope for things to return to normal. But I am not sure if we can save Fable...or if I even want us to.

Rating (Via another site this'd been one) "4.5 out of 5 stars. Mystery, Suspense, Chilling Imagery, and Action for Miles. Completely reinvents the world of fairytales we know. Red is a terrifically portrayed character and the surprise twists will have you asking what just happened over and over." (Disregard this, it's for the roleplay but yay for it anyway lol! )

Red Riding Hood sits under a tall, beautifully green tree, its dangling branches sway in the wind and the grass rolls over the hill. The sea of green is suddenly interrupted as Red comes to. Her dream, a serene world, it no longer exists. The lush, green grass turns brown and decays as the marvelous oak becomes an eerie willow. Red awakens from her slumber. It is late winter. A cold breeze graces the hill. Looking down on the rest of the forest from the hill, Red can see all of the decaying trees before her. In the distance there is a great mountain range. It was once a glorious sight but is now the location of much despair. The howl of the most ferocious forest dweller can be heard echoing, roaring over the forest. "The wolf is early today," Red says to herself. She pulls her hood over her head and ties it so that it tightens. She then lifts her basket. The ocean of clouds blocks out the sun on this cold winter day as Red marches towards the edge of the woods. Sticking out from her basket is the handle of what appears to be a large blade. She begins to speak to herself. "Rule Number Three-Sleep in the open. The Wolves don't like the open." Red steps into the woods and over a fallen tree trunk. Her breath appears as an icy mist before her face. "Rule Number Two,' she continues, "Carry a weapon forged of silver. The Wolves don't like Silver." She walks along a narrow pathway in the woods then stops. There is a fork in the road but this isn't at all why she's not moving. She knows the way. She's stopped for a different reason. "Rule Number One", she says. Quickly, she grabs the handle of her blade and pulls it from her basket, swinging it around in a circular motion as a silent murderer, a Crawl Wolf, lunges from the bushes. The blade meets its mark and cuts its throat then follows through, back into the basket, the blood of the beast falling to the ground, one drop landing on Red's hand. "If ever you bleed, clean it up quickly. The Wolves are attracted to the smell of blood." She licks the blood from her hand as if it were her own then proceeds through the forest alone.

Some ways through the forest, Red comes to a house. The windows are shattered and the front door is caved in. She walks in. There are dried blood stains on the blinds and rugs, all over the room. In one corner is the corpse of a recently deceased wolf. Red disregards its existance and marches to a back room. Inside is a bed. On the wall are several pictures of Red as a small girl, back when her basket was filled with goodies rather than deadly weapons. A loud thud is suddenly heard from the kitchen. Red holds one hand on her blade and walks inside. From behind the counter emerges an elderly woman. "Grandma, what are you doing back here? It isn't safe, you should go. Retreat to the hills. It's the only safe place."

"Oh, Red, I know but I left my cookbook here. What use will the ingredients be without recipes to use them in?"

"What good will the food be if you're the one eaten?"

Red and her grandmother, a short woman with thinning, white hair, exchange cold glares. Suddenly there is a loud snarl. "Red, what was that, dear?"

Red holds one hand on her blade and pulls her grandmother behind her by the wrist. In the kitchen, there is a gaping hole in the wall. It looked to be the result of a fierce battle. A wolf then leaps in through this hole, foaming at the mouth. Red holds her blade with both hands and pulls it from her basket. The blade spontaneously bursts into flames as Red swings it around, throwing the wolf back behind the kitchen table. The wolf, now severely burned and injured, gets up and wimpers away. "Grandma, get to the hills. We'll talk when I get back."

"Where are you going, Red? You aren't going to go find him again, are you?"

"That wolf is responsible for everything. I know it in my gut. It's the reason for all of this."

"He almost killed you last time, dear. I won't allow you to take that risk again."

Red looks back at her grandmother from the corner of her eye. "There's a key word, Grandma: Almost. I'm going and you can't stop me. Don't treat me like a kid. I can take care of myself. Now, I'll be on my way. You'd better be at the camp in the hills when I get back. Otherwise, I might have to tell Lumberjack you left the refuge again." Red then steps out of the hole in the wall and proceeds through the forest.

Red and The Wolf:

Also in the Fable Dark series, I have Goldilocks, Jack and the Beanstock, and Hansel and Gretel.
Back to top Go down
http://voydforums.forumotion.net/index.htm
tatiilange
Admin
Admin
tatiilange

XPoints 3713
. . Nayeli
¨ Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul Nayeli_pixel_by_tatiilange-d578tct

~* Artist ID *~
Commission are : OPEN
Art Style: Animal Artist

PostSubject: Re: Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul   Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 8:41 pm

Love all your storys!!! ^^
Back to top Go down
https://tatiiart.activoforo.com
Soul
Newcomer
Newcomer
Soul

XPoints 177
. X

~* Artist ID *~
Art Style:

PostSubject: Re: Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul   Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 9:31 pm

Chapter 1 - Judgement

The cold warzone of the forest harbors more negative memories for Red than any adolescent mind should ever endure. The cries of battle have been absorbed by the trees, most of which are clawed viciously or leaning to the side. This section of the forest is widely known where Red comes from. It had been entitled Ground-0 as this was the very first place anyone had encountered the beast. Red will forever remember the day she encountered it. She'd been warned never to go so deep into the forest when she was young. In her ignorance, she refused to listen and went on anyway out of curiosity. That's when she came to face the beast itself; The Wolf. This was a wolf unlike any other. It was massive and stood on its hind legs. Its body strongly resembled that of a human male but covered from head to toe in thick, black fur. Its head was that of a snarling wolf with teeth protruding from its mouth. That was just short of ten years ago and that same wolf was still out there in that very forest. Red remembers, all too well, the horrors of that day.

Red was only seven years old. Her parents had asked her to deliver some ingredients to her grandmother in her forest home. Red was cheerful and eager back then. But she was also rebellious and ever searching for adventure. Her parents warned her once and only once not to go too deep into the forest. Red, of course, didn't listen. She wandered in too far and met the wolf at that same site. It immediately attacked her, barking and slobbering like a rabid dog. She ran, with all of her speed, she ran through the forest. Finally, she came to her Grandmother's house. The Wolf pursued her even that far, slamming into every tree on the way.

She made her way inside and stopped in awe. Her Grandmother had heard her cries and rushed to the foyer. She saw the hulking beast as it approached. Ducking down, it stepped through the seven foot high doorway. It must have stood a good nine feet tall. As the wolf cornered the two a prepared to devour them, it was struck in the back. It let out a cry of pain as it turned to the side, revealing the wood chopping axe in its back. Then it dropped to the ground. There stood a tall and thick man, looming over it. "You saved my grandaughter and myself, thank you," Red's grandmother said to the man.

The would forever be one of the most life changing moments in Red's memory. She walks through Ground-0, unafraid of what may result from her presence. One hand on her blade, she marches. The wolves could attack at any moment but Red knows that the wolf she seeks isn't of the regular breed. It wouldn't be where those considered animals were. This wolf was no animal, it was a monster. She can feel its presence even as she knows it isn't near. It was truly a dynamic force.

Suddenly there came a weaker presence. But it isn't simply one. There are many. Wolves, an entire pack of them attack Red. She first ducks then draws her blade. Stabbing the blade into the ground, she closes her eyes and focuses. Very suddenly the blade bursts into flames and the ground around it explodes, throwing the wolves all around as Red back-flips, landing on her feet. "Troublesome, to say the most," Red mumbles. She sticks the blade back into the ground as she runs toward a charging wolf then jumps and releases the handle, kicking the wolf in the face and throwing it into a tree. "You're all just annoying me."

The eldest of the wolves, small with grey fur, stands weakly and looks to Red. It signals to the others and retreats, soon followed by the others. Red takes up her blade and stows it away in her basket. They wouldn't leave because of me. She turns around but sees nothing. Only a small fox stands in her gaze. It curiously holds a pipe in its mouth, however, as if it were human. Around its neck, a collar with the enscription Crook. The fox tilts its head as Red approaches it. Then it runs off when she extends her hand. "That little fox made them leave?"

Red pursues the fox deep into the forest until she loses sight of it. By now Red is far too deep in the forest to turn back. Around here she sees nothing but tall trees. The canopy is too dense for the sun to peak through so it's dark. She looks around with what visibility she has and spots the fox on a rock not far away. She walks in its direction but it lunges at her too suddenly for even her to retaliate. Grabbing hold of her hood, it pulls down, blinding her. Then it leaps from her head and trips her up, forcing her to fall to her knees. When she removes the hood from over her eyes, she finds herself staring at a peculiarly carved rock, sitting in the grass. "That mark is the same as," she begins. She reaches into her basket and removes her blade.

The stone markings respond to those on Red's blade by lighting up a flaming red. Suddenly the canopy of treetops above Red parts, allowing the sunlight to shine in, bringing Red's attention to the ancient tree before her. The fox sits next to the tree and looks up to it. Red stands up and replaces her blade in the basket. "What's this tree going to help anything?"

As Red holds her hand up to the tree, a branch quickly wraps around her wrist then extends along her arm until it makes contact with the girl's forehead. As this happens, Red suddenly retreats into her mind, her eyes glazed over with a glassy stare. The fox stands then leaps up onto one of the tree limbs, its tail hanging down, swinging like a pendulum.

Within Red's mind there is a lush, green field The trees aren't eerie or dead. They are alive and full, leaves as green as they could be. Smaller animals and birds chatter about. But the sky suddenly begins to crack like glass and rains down the pieces from above, revealing an eerie void that pulls in all of the land Red once knew. Red stands alone in darkness until, suddenly, the tree appears before her in her thoughts. "What's going on?" She asks, looking around for her basket and blade.

"It will do you no good, Little Red," says an ominous voice from the edges of limbo. "Your Blade of Immolation doesn't exist in this astral plane."

"Who said that?"

Two strange female figures peak out from behind the tree. They look as though they are a part of the tree itself. Their skin is a peculiar green-ish color. One has dark blue hair, the other, burning red. Leaves and vines cover their bodies. "We are the spirit of this forest," says one of them. "We are its very soul," says the other.

"Yeah, that's a nice tale and all but I'm more concerned with why I'm here."

The two spirits extend their bodies from the tree and hover around Red, staring her in the face. "This one is quite rude. It seems almost unfair that someone such as this has been given a blade," says one of the spirits. "This is very much true," says the other. The two spirits touch one another and fuse together into one. Red's basket and blade appear in her hands.

"What's going on?" Red places one hand, comfortably, on her blade's handle.

"Waste no time, Little Red Riding Hood. That weapon has no use against the forest...not in your hands."

"Stop calling me little", Red says, anger in her voice.

The spirit holds out its hand. "Little Red Riding Hood, there was once a time when you were worth of such a weapon. But now, the forest acknowledges your ignorance and crudeness, as well as your rebellious nature. It is especially during these dark times that the forest recquires one who has the utmost honor. You are unworthy and will be stripped of your power." The blade suddenly flies from Red's hand and into that of the spirit's. The spirit then lodges the blade into the tree and places a form of arcane seal. "Prove yourself worthy, Little Red Riding Hood, and you shall have your power restored."

Red's eyes grow wide as the spirit fades away into her mind. As she comes to, she sees that the blade is, indeed, lodged in the tree's bark. She hastily grabs the handle and pulls with all of her might but it doesn't move an inch. "No, no, no!" Red complains. The fox tilts its head as she has a tantrum over the loss of her blade. "How can I beat that wolf without it?" The fox leaps down from the tree and sits next to Red as she sinks down to her knees. "How am I supposed to 'prove myself' if I can't beat the wolf?" The fox leaps around the tree for a second and returns with a blade in its mouth. It drops it before Red, who looks down at the unbearably plain blade before her and turns away, almost in disgust. "I don't suppose you would know how to get to the hills, would you?"

The fox adjusts its head then twitches its ears. It looks curiously at Red then takes off. Red watches it as it leaves but when it stops and looks back at her, she stands. "So I guess you do, then?" She looks back at the small blade on the ground and picks it up then stares at the tree. "I'll be back for it eventually." Then she and the fox wander off into the forest with high hopes of finding the hills one way or the other.
Back to top Go down
tatiilange
Admin
Admin
tatiilange

XPoints 3713
. . Nayeli

~* Artist ID *~

PostSubject: Re: Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul   Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 9:39 pm

Love Red Wolf Surprised 2
Back to top Go down
Soul
Newcomer
Newcomer
Soul

XPoints 177
. X

~* Artist ID *~
Art Style:

PostSubject: Re: Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul   Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 7:57 am

Chapter 2 - The Successor

Red sleeps in the cold winter night, her back against a tree with her hood pulled down over her eyes. The fox lies, curled up, in her lap. It didn't sleep. No, it sat with one eye opened to watch for danger. Meanwhile, Red's eyes vigorously twitch in her sleep. Her dreams had always been vivid but now they were more than that. They bordered real.

Red envisions herself nearly a year ago. She'd been on her way home from her grandmother's house when the sky suddenly grew dark. The clouds became an eerie redish color as the sound of thunder roared over the horizon as if passing through the skies. Suddenly the land was struck by a force so powerful that nothing could stand against it. The winds began to blow, most gusts pulling fully matured and healthy trees from their roots. Lightning struck all around, so much so that it seemed to be raining fire. Brilliant yet terrifying flashes of white and yellow where everywhere Red turned her head. Rain poured down so hard that it felt as though the sky were firing arrows down onto anyone unlucky enough to be out and about with no protection. Then came the catastrophe that gave the event its name of The Great Apocalypse. The very land began to shatter, ripping apart entirely. The massive quakes left gaping holes and craters in the ground.

Red was making an attempt to run home in the wake of this disaster. She'd thought it was a hurricane but it couldn't have been. There was no eye to this storm. She'd made her way to town without the ground swallowing her whole but she wasn't not safe yet. She'd seen her parents but they couldn't see her. She tried with all of her might to reach them but just as she got close, the ground fell from beneath her feet. She clung onto the edge of the fissure for dear life as she tried to make her way back up. But the damp ground slid from her grasp and she tumbled down into an elaborate chasm, screaming the entire way. Meanwhile, her parents had discovered her and witnessed her fall but couldn't reach her in time. They sat and cried for their precious child until the catastrophe claimed them as well. The violent winds had managed to weaken the fence i someone's yard. Each picket flew through the air at incredible speed, unknown to the grieving parents and eventually, several had impaled them.

When Red came to, all was calm. The earth wasn't shaking and it wasn't raining or galing. She'd fallen into an underground cavern. It was old and filled with the water from the rain. She could feel that her arm was broken from the fall and her ankle was injured as well. Also, she was covered in bruises and scrapes. Suddenly a bright glow lit the cavern. Then a heatwave swept through. Red weakly opened her eyes to find it before her. The blade of crimson flame stood in the ground, glowing with radiant flames.

Red stood, only to fall back to her knees. But she was overcome by one of the strongest desires of her life. The sword gave her a feeling of hope and a drive. It gave her the will to keep moving. She stood again, this time toughing out the pain of her injuries and limped as best she could before falling in front of the blade. Turning herself on her side, she reached for it and grabbed the handle. The swords glow warmed the girl from the inside out. She felt as if a burden had been removed from her shoulders. But the sword spontaneously burst into the flames and a heavenly light consumed the cavern.

Red awakens, all of this having only been a flashback hidden in a dream. She exhales tiredly as she sees the fox resting beside her now. "So what's your name, anyway?" She says to no one. Noticing the collar, she gently turns it around the fox's neck while it sleeps. "Well, I don't know if that's your name or not but I guess I'll be calling you Crook from now on." She looks up through the canopy of the trees, to the stars overhead as they twinkle her sweet wishes for the morn.

The very next morning, Crook awakens Red. He stands on her stomach with his forelegs and pushes down. When she awakens, she stands and looks to Crook. The peculiar fox puffs smoke rings from the pipe in its mouth, staring at her. "What?" Red asks impatiently. Crook turns his head and eyes the blade on the ground. 'What, you can't be serious? I can't do anything with that useless piece of steel." Crook stares at the blade for a moment then proceeds to stare at her. The awkward moment continues for many moments until Red's undying impatience compels her to pick up the blade and stow it away in her basket. "Alright, let's go. You probably know this forest better than I do."

Crook continues to stare at Red for another minute or so before giving a great puff of smoke and turning to lead her through the forest and back to the hills. As they leave, a strange man steps out from behind a tree. He is tall and wears professional military clothing, similar to that of a knight's but with less plating. A wide grin spreads across his face as wild eyes flare in the sun. He turns around after watching the two leave and walks in the opposite direction.

Meanwhile, Red and Crook roam through the forest. Crook suddenly stops and looks around anxiously. He looks back at Red who holds her hand on the blade. A rustling can be heard from the bushes. Crook backs up as Red draws part of the blade and a wolf lunges. It attacks Red first but Red cleverly ducks, forcing it to hit its head on the tree behind her. Soon another leaps from the bushes, and another. Red and Crook find themselves surrounded by angry wolves, the eldest of which is the same grey wolf from before. That very wolf circles the two as the others stand, growling and snarling. "This could be a bad thing," Red says sarcastically.

The Wolves all prepare to attack when, suddenly, a ferocious growl echoes, bouncing from tree to tree. Red's eyes light up as she hears it. She steps back, shaking her head. From the bushes emerges a hulking arm, covered in black fur. "No," Red mutters to herself. That arm snatches up one of the wolves. The wolves all turn their attention as the taken one whimpers. Out from the bushes emerges Red's Wolf, standing on its hind legs as she remembered and just as massive. "No!" The Wolf leaps from the bushes entirely and shoves a tree down as if it were a toothpick standing on its end. It proceeds to cut through the animals with its knife-like claws. But it stops when it sees red and slowly approaches her, looking down on the top of the crimson cowl as if it were a bountiful meal. Red breathes heavily as it observes her. As it draws near, opening its jaws, it stops and gives a great roar. It turns to the side, revealing an axe in its back. "Lumberjack?" Red questions to herself.

"Come on, that axe won't distract it all day!"

Red and Crook run past the goliath as it struggles to remove the axe from its back. As they run through the forest, Red looks back, seeing it disappear farther and farther from view until it's entirely out of sight. "I let it go again." As they disappear into the dense woods, the wolf manages to pull the axe from its back. The wound suddenly heals as if it'd never been there. Recognizing the fact that it's lost its prey, it seeks no more satisfaction after the slaughter it's delivered and leaves, disappearing into the trees. However, the eldest one, the one of grey fur, opens its eyes as the behemoth leaves and runs off silently in the opposite direction.

Meanwhile, the military character cuts through a bush, taking his first step into the center of the forest. There stands the ancient tree and the Immolation Blade protruding from it. As he approaches, he reaches out for it, only to have his hand swatted away by branches. The spirits appear from within the tree, once more in their split form. "You should not be here", one of them says.

"Only those worthy of the Immolation Blade's power may be here", says the other.

The military figure takes one step forward with a hand on his own blade. "Oh, I believe myself very worthy of the Immolation Blade. Would you care to test me?" He lunges forward and the branches of the tree attack him. He steps to the left, the right, he ducks, he jumps. His feets move with a rhythm and his grace allows him to slip through as if as thin as paper But once he grabs the handle of the Immolation Blade and pulls, he realizes the true problem. The blade won't move one bit. "What? What type of trick is this?!"

"You have a black soul," says one of the spirits.

"A corrupt mind," says the other.

The two spirits merge together into one entity and point to the soldier. "You are not worhty of the Immolation Blade's power."

The soldier stands idle for all of a minute before he begins to laugh. "I expected no less. You know, I usually mock such legends as these but this one was very much intriguing. The two of you are the mind and soul of this forest. The ancient tree represents the body of it. None of you can exist if the other is destroyed. How very unfortunate for you."

"Why do you say this?"

"Because I don't care", the soldier responds, snapping his fingers.

The ground begins to tremble. Suddenly, from the woods, emerge military machine after military machine. They knock over trees and flatten bushes until they reach the center. The two spirits endure some form of physical pain from the destruction of the plants around them as they split apart and drop to the ground. "If I can't earn the Immolation Blade the noble way, then I'll simply have to cheat," the soldier says, leaping back on top of one of the machines. "Mobilize! I want this tree all wrapped up and ready for Christmas!" Several machines begin to do their jobs. Certain machines shoot at the ground around the tree, weakening the roots. the next machines fire high pressure water which causes the tree to tilt. Cables are tied to the tree which is then loaded onto another machine. "Goodbye, Forest. It was from this very spot that our land was forged and I shall make certain that it is the very same spot from which our land will be reborn!"

The spirits awaken to find the ancient tree gone and their power fading. They stand with what little energy they have and run to a large oak tree standing in the forest, absorbing its essence. "Help. Must send for help", one of them says.

"There are few who can help us now", says the other.

"The forest feels the pain as well. The man will use the blade cruely. The man will bring the flames. Nearest help, hear the forest's cry. It needs your help." The wind blows eerily and leaves rustles, flying through the forest as if carrying the message in thin air.
Back to top Go down
Cre
Apprentice
Apprentice
Cre

XPoints 555
. Blacky

~* Artist ID *~
Art Style:

PostSubject: Re: Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul   Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 4:24 pm

Itss soooo goood
Cngtrlationss !
jajajajja Wolf Surprised
Back to top Go down
Soul
Newcomer
Newcomer
Soul

XPoints 177
. X

~* Artist ID *~
Art Style:

PostSubject: Re: Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul   Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 3:06 pm

Chapter 3 - Cry of the Wild

Having been led back to town successfully by Lumberjack, Red awkwardly sits inside with her grandmother. A steaming hot cup of tea sits on the table before her. The awkward silence in the room is soon broken when Red's granmother sips her tea. Crook wags his tail around and stares at the tea before Red then looks up to her. Redd looks down on him as if it'd pained her to even exist. Nevertheless, she looks away, rolling her eyes, a reaction that Crook openly takes as acceptence before getting her upper body onto the table and drinking from the cup. "So, Red," her grandmother begins, "Who is this, exactly?"

"I call him Crook. It's the name on his collar. I met him in the woods after..." Red refused to finish her statement.

"What kind of animal smokes a pipe?"

Red glances at her grandmother from the corner of her eye. "I don't think he's actually smoking it, grandma. I haven't seen him light it once. It might just be full of something that makes it seem like smoke but, then again, I could be wrong."

Lumberjack steps into the room and sits down beside Red's grandmother. "You realize how unacceptable this is. You recklessly went into the forest after that behemoth as if it'd be easy even though it nearly killed you before. You dropped your blade, didn't think to stay out of wolf territory, and you may have led all of those animals out there, not to mention that monster, thinking we'll be back in there soon. They'll be on the prowl, stalking anything that moves in those woods."

Red looks down, a rare expression of guilt on her face. Her eyelids hand and her mouth grows small. Her posture, too changes. She turns and leaves the cabin as the Lumberjack sits down again, shaking his head. Crook glances at the two senior citizens and backs down from the tea. He then turns and runs outside after Red. She stands in the cold night, staring at the scars. Her hood remains inside. The familiar howl of her enemy eerily rolls over the trees and the hills. She looks up and sees the half moon and turns around.

Suddenly a cold breeze flows by. It runs down Red's back, sending a frigid chill up her spine. The breeze swirlds and collects leaves until it's got enough to create a solid figure. The body of leaves resembles that of a woman but with the voice of the forest spirits, both of them. "Please, you must help the forest. It cries. Can you hear it weep? It aches. The pain is too much to endure."

At the sight of this strange entity, Red steps back out of paranoia. Crook trots to the side of the spirit and sits, staring at Red. "What are you talking about?" She asks, skeptically. "You took the blade away from me. How can I have caused anything bad to happen?"

"No, the forest does not recognize you as the guilty one. But it does recognize you as one capable of saving it", the spirits say through this temporry body of leaves.

"So the legends of the forest are true," says the voice of the Lumberjack. He steps out of the cabin, arms crossed. "I must admit, I had my doubts. So then, I take in the girl's story doesn't quite check out."

The spirits turn to the Lumberjack as Red steps back. Crook tilts his head as they observe him. "...No, no the tale she's told is not true. But her reason stands. She did not think you would believe her tale. Rest assured, now that you know th truth of the spirits' existance, the story stands. No doubt you've been through troubling times since the Great Apocalypse."

"Aye, more troubling than one can imagine, what with the wolves and all. Living in the hills isn't easy but it's better than those who chose to live in the mountains, desert, and wasteland."

"That is true for now but soon, very soon, it won't matter where anyone lives. The Blade has been stolen. The Girl was deemed unworthy of the blade's power by the forest. It was taken and infused with the Ancient Tree. Shortly after her leave, the blade was stolen along with the tree. The tree is the body of the forest. Without it, niether heart nor mind may survive. The tree remains in tact, wherever it may be. However, the forest fears that the man who stole it will attempt to reach the blade and destroy the tree in the process. If the tree is destroyed, the forest will be no more. The man who did it, he was a man of the military forces. He and his followers attacked without warning in war machines", the spirits explain.

The wolf howls again as the wind blows, somewhat interfering with the spirits' messenger form. They reassemble the leaves and look over the trees in the distance. "That monster's growing restless. He'll be on the prowl in the forest soon enough," says the Lumberjack. "Tell me, you said soon it won't matter where we go. You think they might finally get the nerve to come out here?"

"If the forest dies, then so does the power that places the fear of the outside world into those that would otherwise bring harm to you", the spirits explains.

"Then let's go get my blade back and stop this from happening", Red insists.

"You do not understand. What makes this such a challenge is that there is no way to be sure where you are bound. You will face great dangers and without the blade, you are far more vulnerable. You will also have to change on your journey. You must prove yourself worthy of the Immolation Blade or the entire trek will be for naught."

Red looks down into the grass with a sincere look about her. The Lumberjack acknowledges and turns to walk inside. Looking over his shoulder, he sees the spirits' messenger as it begins to fade. "If you're all that weak then you shouldn't be wasting what energy you have on this message. If the girl wants, we'll come and meet you at the center of the forest."

"Unfortunately, that will not come to pass. The physical link has been weakened. There was only one option left. You must come to the farthest end of the forest. That is where the physical link is strongest now that the tree has left. But move with all haste, should you decide to come, as it has been forseen you will. The forest grows weaker with every passing moment that it is without the tree."

Red looks away. Never before had she been asked to go far into the woods, let alone reach the other side. She'd never even thought about it. Her only concern with the forest has always been to locate and kill that wolf. Now without the blade, her chances were far more slim. But she would still brave the forest. Her fear had nullified itself. She would hunt that wolf down anywhere. "I'll go," she says. Then she walks inside, disappearing around the wall of the cabin. All is quiet for a moment. The Lumberjack and Crook both look to the doorway with great anticipation. Then the familar crimson cowl emerges from inside. "If it means I can bring some order back to this hole, then I'll do it."

"Please come quickly or it will be too late. If the physical link dies, the forest is defenseless", the spirits say as they disappear, the leaves all dropping to the ground or blowing away.

The Lumberjack walks inside past Red. Crook trots in after him and looks back to her. She stares over the forest, waiting. The wolf howls one last time and she smiles. "The next time I see you, I'm killing you. You can count on it", she says as she walks inside, the train of her hood flowing behind her.

Inside, the Lumberjack sits down on his cot, shaking his head. Red and her grandmother follow him to the room with Crook not far behind. The room is dark and the only light is provided by three candles. "We'll leave first thing tomorrow morning. We'll go further down the refuge and borrow a few cows to take us through in a wagon. Get some sleep now or we'll be dead first thing on day one."

"I was listening," says Red's Grandmother. "Things are in awful bad shape, aren't they?"

"Aye, they are. Let's pray we can set things straight."
Back to top Go down
tatiilange
Admin
Admin
tatiilange

XPoints 3713
. . Nayeli

~* Artist ID *~

PostSubject: Re: Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul   Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 3:58 pm

Cant wait to kow whats next!
Back to top Go down
Cre
Apprentice
Apprentice
Cre

XPoints 555
. Blacky

~* Artist ID *~
Art Style:

PostSubject: Re: Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul   Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 12:53 pm

Me tooo
You are soo goood Wolf Wink
Back to top Go down
Soul
Newcomer
Newcomer
Soul

XPoints 177
. X

~* Artist ID *~
Art Style:

PostSubject: Re: Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul   Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 3:08 am

Chapter 4 - Square One

Red stands alone in the cold the next morning with her basket and new blade. There isn't a one spot in the sky where the sun graces the land with its light. Eerie clouds roll over, casting their gaze over the forest. She sits on a rock and meditates to herself. But when a twig snaps behind her, she looks over her shoulder. There she sees the Lumberjack, her grandmother, and Crook. "We'll be going soon, Red," says her grandmother. "You wait at the foot of the hill. Lucian and Crook will go with you. I'll go get the cows and wagon."

"Lucian?" Red asks, turning to the Lumberjack. "Really?"

"What? It was my old man's name", he argues.

Red blinks and the area grows awkwardly silent. She quickly turns and begins to march down the hill, her basket in her hand and the blade in her basket. "You'll be down there with the wagon and cows soon, right grandma?" She asks as she stops and looks over her shoulder. Her grandmother smiles as she turns to walk into the refuge. The Lumberjack hoists his axe and holds it over his shoulder as he walks Red down the hill. Crook watches as both parties leave, ultimately following Red's grandmother.

At the bottom of the hill, Red waits by swinging the blade around. But her form is thrown. It's almost as if she's forgotten everything she knew of swordplay. The Lumberjack watches as she clumsily swings the blade around a drunken man would. "What, pray tell, do you call that, lass?"

"I used to call it fighting. Now I call it ridiculous," Red says, giving up and dropping the blade to the ground. "I mean, who are we kidding, Lucian?!"

"Careful, you."

"...Lumberjack. I can't fight. The old sword was enchanted. It gave me the knowledge it takes to fight. Without it, I'm just some helpless little kid."

As Red turns to look at the Lumberjack, she sees the massive blade of his axe swinging around. Ducking, she falls to her back as the blade carries through. "Lass, you do enough complaining for all of us. Let's see you take some action."

"Are you crazy?! you could have killed me!"

"But I didn't. Pick up your blade. I'll teach you about combat myself. That was your first lesson. If your opponent strikes high, duck and duck fast."

Red nervously picks up her blade and hold herself in a fighting stance, the only thing she seems to know. Her hands tremble and a single bead of sweat makes its way down her brow. The Lumberjack throws his axe at her but she ducks. The steel of the axe meets the ground behind her. Red turns to look but it served as only a distraction. Lumberjack takes his start and attempts to tackle Red when her guard is down. He is large but by no means slow. Red looks over her shoulder the instant a shadow falls over her.

Moments later, Red's Grandmother and Crook emerge over the hilltop in a wagon pulled by two cows. They find both Red's and the Lumberjack's blades opposing one another, sparks flying from the clash. "Red? Red, dear, what are you doing?"

"Lumberjack was trying to teach me some about combat," Red replies as she is beginning to literally bend in half backwards. "He's as strong as he looks, by the way."

"Aye, lass. That'll be enough for now. Put that blade away before you hurt yourself."

"I resent that."

Red and the Lumberjack climb into the wagon as it pulls by. As it rolls farther down the hill, the atmosphere changes. One can feel the tension, the fear in the air. The sky may be bright but the forest is its opposite. They come to a stop at the edge. "Are we really ready to go inside already?" Red asks, looking to her grandmother. She sees the shine on the Lumberjack's axe as he hoists it over his shoulder. "Nevermind." They proceed through the forest entrance. Red's heart immediately sinks and begins to race all at once. Crook stares at her as she fidgets in her seat. Her Grandmother and the Lumberjack sitting up front don't seem to notice her.

Her grandmother looks into the darkness of the forest around them. "They know we're here", she says.

"Aye. The wolves are smart when it comes to hunting. We're lucky they aren't smart in any other way or we'd all be dead by now. They won't attack us while we're all grouped like this. Wolves like to take down one at a time", Lumberjack replies. But suddenly a wolf leaps from the bushes, jaws wide open. He turns his axe on its side and the wolf smashes into the flat side of the axe's steel. "So much for that. Everybody get down." Lumberjack steps down from the wagon with his axe. The wolf he'd stopped lies on the ground, twitching. He's knocked it out. "Wolves don't travel alone ever."

"I remember the three rules, Lumberjack. Do you?"

"Aye, lass. It was I who created them, remember?"

Another wolf lunges from the bushes and the axe blade meets it before it can reach the Lumberjack. "I find that it helps to recite them. Rule Number Three, Sleep in the Open. Wolves don't like the open", Red says as Lumberjack looks around. "That's why you created the refuge in the hills. The wolves won't go there." Another wolf leaps over the wagon and meets the blade of axe with its fangs. It pulls with all its might but the Lumberjack is a strong man. He reels it in as a fish on a line and snaps its neck with but a twist. "Rule Number Two, Carry a Weapon Forged of Silver. Wolves are afraid of it and anything made of silver can kill one if made a weapon. That's what your axe and all of the weapons in the refuge are made of, right?"

"Yes...but Silver won't work on every wolf. It can kill them all just the same, all but one", Lumberjack says.

"Silver can kill it, you know. Both times you've stuck a silver blade in its back and both times it took them out before it could die. That monster heals faster than anything I've ever seen", Red argues.

Crook whimpers and looks into the darkness of the bushes beside the wagon. There he sees a pair of glowing, yellow eyes. He paws at Red's grandmother but she's too focused on the wolves. "Rule Number Three," Red says, "If ever you bleed, clean it quickly. It looks like you've executed a perfectly clean set of kills."

"I don't much like rule three, alright?"

Suddenly a wolf emerges from the bushes when the Lumberjack has his back turned and his axe lowered. But its interrupted by Crook, who tackles it from the air and bites down hard on its neck before letting go. Everyone stares at the fox as it stands there over the dead wolf. He pays to mind to them, however, and stares to the bushes past the wagon. The eyes are gone. The Lumberjack and Crook get back into the wagon as Red's Grandmother gets the cows to move along now that they've stopped panicking.

Many hours later, the moon is highest in the sky and the lot have set up camp in an open area of the woods. To be safe, Lumberjack has his axe and Red's blade propped on either end of the camp. They shine in the moonlight that seeps through the broken canopy above. In the middle of the night, Red awakens after having a dream of the Great Apocalypse. She looks first to the shadows then to Crook. She gets the same frigind chill down her spine as when the spirits had spoken with her and the Lumberjack. "They're up to something," she says. She lies back down and stares at Crook. "You're up to something." Once she rolls over, Crook opens his eyes and sits up, turning to look at her.

Far to the edge of the forest, the two forest spirits stare up to the moons. "The forest, it is weak. Soon the physical link will be no more", one of them says.

"Soon the wolves, they will be free. As will the Wendigo."

"If that is to happen, the Great Apocalypse will have only been the beginning."

Preview:
Back to top Go down
Soul
Newcomer
Newcomer
Soul

XPoints 177
. X

~* Artist ID *~
Art Style:

PostSubject: Re: Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul   Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 4:12 pm

Chapter 5 - The Spirits of the Forest, The Soul of a Hero

Red awakens in the wagon the next morning. She looks around to be sure of her positioning. "When did we pack up camp?" The Lumberjack sits beside her, arms crossed and eyes closed. He is asleep. Red can tell so because he snores like a hog. She'd always imagined him as a snorer, though. Crook, too, was sleeping. Only Red's grandmother was awake. She was steering the cows up front. "Morning grandma", she says with a worried tone. She tilts her head when her grandmother doesn't answer. Crawling to the front, she waves her hand in front of her grandmother's face.

"Huh, what? Oh, hello Red. How are you?"

"How long have we been on the path?"

Her grandmother had stopped paying attenton. Red snaps her fingers and her elderly grandmother turns her head. "Oh, I'm terribly sorry, Red. I've got a lot on my mind. This journey is really dangerous. I only feel safe around now. The wolves only attack around the middle of the day and after. But that monster has no time limit. It could be stalking us right now. All that power, it isn't natural."

"Grandma, do you want me to drive for a bit? You're tired", Red offers.

"Yes, yes I'd like that. Thank you, Red."

But she's right. That beast has no limit. It'll stop at nothing until it's got it's prey. Red steers the cattle down the path until they find a massive log in their way and now ay around that the cows or wagon could fit through. By now it's mid-day and Red is anxious. To stay in one place for so long is a death trap waiting to happen. She could almost feel the wolves getting close. Even worse, she could feel that monster approaching. "This isn't good."

The Lumberjack opens his eyes and steps down from the wagon. "I have a feeling a new rule might be coming on, everyone. Get down", he says as he grabs his axe. Using the axe, he chops away at the fallen tree.

"Lucian, it's not splitting any at all. Maybe if you tried to lift it?" Red's Grandmother suggests.

"No, I'm afraid that won't work. This tree's too well planted here. Nothing could lift it."

Suddenly the tree shakes and cracks. It rises from the trench it'd dug in the ground and there, holding it up, is the beast. Its black fur stands and it bears its pure white fangs, snarling at them. Its crystal eyes glisten as it throws the tree to the side like a toothpick. Lumberjack swings his axe but the monster ducks and swats him away as if no more than a bug. He looks to Red and her grandmother in the wagon. "Lucian!" Her grandmother yells. The Lumberjack leaps onto the monster's back and holds on as it flails about.

"Go on, I'll get back to you in a moment!"

Red yanks on the reins and the cows trot off down the path. The monster throws Lumberjack over its head. As Lumberjack lands, he leaves a trail of dust and dirt. He leaps to his feet and runs past it while the cloud settles. Catching up to the wagon, he climbs in, holding onto the hands of Red's Grandmother.

As the wagon makes its way down the path, Red looks over her shoulder to see the monster pursuing them. It slams into trees recklessly and knocs several over, snarling all the while. "Lumberjack, throw the axe!" She says.

"No can do! It's the only thing that'll keep the wolves off of us!"

"Would you rather those wolves later or this wolf now?!"

The Lumberjack angrily, but without further hesitation, throws his axe. It meets the monster's shoulder, throwing off balance. It tumbles and rolls the rest of the way, stopping clean in the middle of the pathway. "How much longer will it take to reach the farthest edge of the forest?" Red asks.

"At least 24 hours," says the Lumberjack. "But it doesn't matter. We'll most likely be long dead by then without my axe."

"Lucian, you need to rest. Just go to sleep and we'll wake you when we're there", Red's grandmother says.

"Aye, Mary, you'll need to rest soon as well."

"I trust Red to take care of everyone. Why won't you?"

Red feels the cold eyes of the Lumberjack on the back of her neck. She glances down at Crook who lies there puffing smoke from his pipe. I hope, for my sake, that grandma's right about me. Wait a minute, her name's Mary?

Several hours later, the wagon stops. Red steps down to inspect the area. They've come to a cliff wall with no way to go but back. She looks up to the stars and the radiant moon as it shines its heavenly rays upon her. The cliff wall is covered in moss and vines. The dirt glistens with diamonds and residue. "Grandma, Lumberjack, wake up," she says. Crook perks up and leaps down from the wagon, standing beside Red. "I think this is it."

The spirits appear before the lot. Their skin a pale green, their eyes wide and red. They look far weaker than they had when Red previously met them in person. "The girl, the girl is here", says one of them.

"The forest needs your help", says the other.

The two spirits merge together into one. Their dark green and light green respective skin blends into a middle ground. They stand somewhat taller with eyes of yellow. "The Immolation Blade has been stolen along with the ancient tree, as you know. The forest sees the intentions of the man who's stolen it. He wishes to destroy the forest. It is the only way he sees to eliminate the wolves. He will use the Immolation Blade to do this. He will start the never ending fire. He will bring the flames of black."

"Why do you need me to do this then? I'm not worthy of the blade, remember?"

"This is true, you are far from worthy of the blade's power. But the forest sees that you are more capable than any other for its use. The blade, itself, recognizes your capability."

"Meaning?"

The spirit extends a hand to Red and lets red dust drop into hers. The dust sparkles as the moon shines down on it. It flows and forms in her hand, revealing the radiant figure of the Immolation Blade and the warrior holding it. "The Blade was created many years ago to help defend the forest, vast as she may be. Only those worthy may assume its power. However, several times in the past, misue of the blade's power has resulted in catastrophic occurances."

"How long ago was it made? How many have used the blade before?" Red asks, becoming slightly more enthusiastic.

"The blade has had well over a dozen wielders in the past. The most recent was a young man named Theodore Crooken, better known as..."

"Crook", Red exclaims, looking to the fox.

The spirit nods as it casts its gaze over Crook. "You may wonder how he became a fox. It was the result of the blade's misuse. Ultimately, he was unable to defend the lands from the greatest threat it'd ever seen."

"The Great Apocalypse", the Lumberjack chimes in.

"Correct. In a plea to the forest, he offered his own being to protect his homeland from any further destruction. The forest's mercy allowed his being to stay without his body in the form of a fox."

The image of the warrior holding the Immolation Blade dicipated back to dust and blows away in the wind, leaving a trail of red glitter in the air that shimmers all around. Red reaches up and swirls it around as if a child fascinated by the ripples in disturbed water. Her eyes light up like they'd done when she was little. "If the forest needs me, then I'll help. You can count on me, no matter what."

"It looks like she's getting a good start", the Lumberjack says.

"Indeed she is. If she keeps up, she won't have to take too much time to prove herself. It won't be a simple journey to make but it will be a worth while one", Red's grandmother responds.

The spirit forms a small light in its hands. It's as if it holds a small star before everyone. The light pulsates and lets out golden rays as if it were an infant sun. It then takes the form of a small girl with pale green skin and bright yellow eyes. She strongly resembles both spirits but stands no more than two or three feet tall. "This is a forest nymph. She will serve as a direct link to the Mind and Heart of the forest. Protect her at all costs. Now then, girl," the spirit says. It divides itself back into the two respective spirits.

"The man you seek has gone. But he resides in the wasteland. It is an empty place where there once stood a forest as large as this one. It was destroyed. You must go there. It is over the mountains and beyond the valley."

"The refuge in the mountains won't like us being there," says the Lumberjack. "Though the valley will be most hospitable most likely."

The spirits cast their gaze to the diamond covered cliff way as it opens behind them. "This is the way through to the mountains. You will, of course, watch after the nymph?" Says on of the spirits.

"We'll watch after her with our lives."

The spirits first seem to be paying close attention to Red but now they glare off into the shadows of the forest. Crook growls at the two glowing lights in the bushes. They're eyes, the eyes of the beast. "It is there", says a spirit.

"The Wendigo", says the other.

"You must go now. The physical link for the forest and the spirits shall be depleted very soon. Then it will be free to come and go as it pleases!"

"Go through the cave. You have less than an hour before the link breaks!"

Red and Crook climb back into the wagon with the nymph, Lumberjack and Red's grandmother. After yanking on the reins, the cattle charge forward into the cavern. The spirits disappear. The wall of the cavern closes behind them and the moment it does, every crystal lining the wall begins to glow, illuminating the cave with beautiful blue and red lights.

On the other side of the mountains. Past the valley and deep in the wasteland, the thief stands alone in a chamber with only the ancient tree before him. He stands in his uniform with his arms crossed and his eyes focused on the Immolation Blade. "Soon, very soon", he says.

A soldier walks in and solutes. "Colonel Noir, sir", he says with a bow.

"You had better not be delivering bad news, private."

"Uhm, we've spoken with the researches. Sir, they say that there's absolutely no way to get the blade from that tree. No flame on the planet can destroy it and every time we try to destroy the tree, it just stands there without so much as a scratch."

Suddenly an arrow pierces the private's heart and he drops to the ground, dead. "I warned you not to give me bad news, fool. Especially news that I already know. So, ancient tree, what exactly makes you tick?" He says, staring at the tree as it stands tall with the blade in its bark.
Back to top Go down
Cre
Apprentice
Apprentice
Cre

XPoints 555
. Blacky

~* Artist ID *~
Art Style:

PostSubject: Re: Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul   Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 9:13 am

Great,Great,Great you write excelent.....
and your books are so gooood!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
tatiilange
Admin
Admin
tatiilange

XPoints 3713
. . Nayeli

~* Artist ID *~

PostSubject: Re: Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul   Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:28 pm

Literature Masterpice of December. [LINK]
Back to top Go down
Soul
Newcomer
Newcomer
Soul

XPoints 177
. X

~* Artist ID *~
Art Style:

PostSubject: Re: Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul   Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 9:40 pm

Chapter 6 - The Crystal Cavern

As the wagon creaks along through the crystal lit cavern, Red glances around. The beautiful rainbow lights bounce from wall to wall. Her grandmother rests as the Lumberjack sits up, arms crossed. "Lass, how do you expect us to defend against that beast without my axe?" He asks, casting his glare in her direction.

Once again feeling Lumberjack's eyes on the back of her neck, she glances back at him. "I'll use my blade", she responds.

"You don't know how to fight, lass, not long enough to survive against that thing and get away."

Red turns to the front again and steers the cattle. The nymph stares in awe at the crystals lining the cavern walls. Crook sits beside her, puffing smoke clouds to the side of the wagon. "What are they?" The nymph asks, looking to Red.

"They're rocks, magic rocks. They glow in the dark all kinds of pretty colors", Red replies.

"They remind me of the forest," the nymph says. "In the fall, the leaves all change colors. The funny trees have leaves that change purple and blue. You don't see that in any other forest, do you?"

Red glances at the small nymph. The green skinned girl stares at every crystal, her eyes twinkling like the starry night sky. "What's your name?" Red asks, glancing ahead before looking back.

The nymph pauses. She turns to Red and looks down. "I don't think I have one", she says. Red laughs under her breath. The nymph's large, childlike eyes shimmer as the wagon passes the crystals along the wall.

"Well, you're a forest nymph so why don't I just call you Leaf?"

"A-alright."

Nearly an hour later, a deep roar echoes through the cave. The cattle stop in fear despite Red. Everyone steps down. This is a roar, not a howl. No wolf could have made this sound, not even that beast. "I don't like this," says the Lumberjack. "In these cave walls we're as vulnerable as..."

"Sitting ducks", Red interrupts.

The roar grows closer as Red draws her blade. Several crystals down the cave begin to lose their glow. Bit by bit the cave's luster begins to fade until all is dark. Red's grandmother handily lights a torh she'd been clever enough to carry, one of several, in fact. The light is dim but does its job. Suddenly the roar comes to a complete stop. The silence that follows is equally as frightening. Red knew, better than anyone, that the fear behind silence was a greater fear than any other. The ground on the cave begins to mound as if something is tunneling toward them. Sure enough, the roar begins to echo once more as the mound of dirt extends toward the wagon. It passes directly under Red, between her legs and stops under the wagon.

The same dealy silence. The ground beneath the cattle suddenly sucks them in. The moo of the unlucky animals is muffled and soon gone. Up from the earth emerges a larg beast, unfamiliar to any of the party. Crook jumps down from the wagon an begins to growl at it, the fur on his back standing on end. The mole-like behemoth tunnels back under them all. Red sees the trail closing in on the wagon. She dashes to the wagon to save her grandmother. She sticks the blade in the trail and the behemoth jumps up from beneath the earth with a roar that could shatter glass. Red clings to the blade as it tries to shake her away, violently slamming into the cavern walls. "If this keeps up," says the Lumberjack, "The mountain is going to fall on top of us!" He takes a torch from the wagon and waves it violently at the monster as it swings around. The torch draws little attention when compared to the blade in its back.

Red holds onto the thin fur of the behemoth and pulls the blade from its back. "I'm saving this for a different monster", she says, letting go when clear of the cavern walls. It tunnels back below and begins to go on down the cavern. The Lumberjack picks up both Red and Crook then drops them back in the wagon with Leaf and Red's grandmother. "Hey, why the hurry?"

"This Mountain was once volcanic and it looks like that little squabble made her spring a leak", he responds.

Where the trails of raised earth once were, now stand gysers of magma. The Lumberjack attaches Red's blade to a rope then throws it, landing the blade directly where it once was in the back of the behemoth. The now enraged beast begins to tunnel with all speed, down the caverns. The gysers of magma shoot up behind the wagon rapidly now as the magma picks up speed, hardly missing the wagon on most occasions. Red clings to her Grandmother for dear life as Leaf watches. She reaches for Red's cloak then pulls herself closer and immitates the action of desperation.

Suddenly the wagon and the behemoth come to a dead end. As Red feels the heat of the scorching magma behind her, the behemoth bursts up from the ground, tossing up rocks and dirt. It then punches through the stone wall with its steel thick skull. The wall is the very side of the mountain. The behemoth finally loses the blade and the Lumberjack hoists the blade back with the rope. The wagon proceeds to speed down the dirt slope. Looking back at the mountain, Red sees the massive eruption, one of the most powerful forces of nature to exist. Magma rolls down the side of the mountainface rapidly and begins to catch up.

The dirt slope begins to turn into mud and patchy grasslands. The wheels of the wagon roll more and more slowly but a fiery death only approaches more rapidly by the second. Red looks for a way the escape the virtually inevitable. She sees a small lake just ahead. "We have to aim for the lake! If we do, we can make a swim for it!"

The Lumberjack steers the cart toward the lake but the wheel suddenly strikes a rock and the wagon flips, throwing everyone out just before it reaches the lake. While the Lumberjack and Red land on the ground, rolling to a stop, the others all land in the water. "Red, Lucian, get up! Run to the water!" Red's Grandmother yells.

The girl gets to her feet and helps the Lumberjack to his. "Let's go, old man. No way I'm letting you skip out on us", she says. The Lumberjack looks to her sincere eyes and nods. They run alongside one another and jump into the water as everyone proceeds to swim across, Crook ahead of everyone, to the other side. The magma reaches the water and begins to slow be doesn't stop. "It can't go uphill. We need to get going before it builds a nice land bridge across the water."

"Aye," says the Lumberjack. "We need to get going uphill. The Mountain Refuge is a good ways over the mountains but they have a base camp on each mountain. We'll get some help in the main on. It's on the tallest mountain ahead." Red and the others nods and proceed to hike up the mountain.
Back to top Go down
Cre
Apprentice
Apprentice
Cre

XPoints 555
. Blacky

~* Artist ID *~
Art Style:

PostSubject: Re: Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul   Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 10:32 am

Congratulationnss...really you are so good
Back to top Go down
ZapphireWolf
Rookie Painter
Rookie Painter
ZapphireWolf

XPoints 175
. BlackWind
¨ Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul Blackwind_pixel_by_tatiilange-d57mvw4

~* Artist ID *~
Commission are : CLOSED
Art Style: Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul   Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 5:22 pm

this is awesome!
Back to top Go down
Soul
Newcomer
Newcomer
Soul

XPoints 177
. X

~* Artist ID *~
Art Style:

PostSubject: Re: Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul   Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 6:09 pm

Wow been busy. Here's a short one we whipped up.

Mercury wrote:
Sorry, out for our B-Day. Out way longer than I thought I'd be. Short and sweet chapter just to tell a bit about the villain...well one of them.

Chapter 7 - Darkest Noir
(For those that don't know, Noir is french for night and/or black)

The desert refuge was thought to be unbreachable. No outsider was allowed entry. No insiders were allowed to leave. This was a refuge formed entirely with the power of the military. All those within this refuge were poor and most homeless. The walls were formed of great desert cliffs, standing high and casting their shadow over the town each day. This refuge was one filled with merchants, beggers, and abuse. Child labor was not uncommon and there was no order. One would believe that a military establishment such as this would be a strict place of order. Yet there was none. Though the refuge had a leader, he had long given up on it. His word was law but his word was scarce. Wives and children could be sold to pay depts. Theft when unnoticed. Yes, this desert refuge was nothing short of uninhabitable to outsiders used to the slight uneasy comfort of the hills or the serenity of the mountains. Those who took to the seas endured far worse in the ways of natural calamity but they had order. No, the desert refuge was, by far, the worst. Their leader, the warmonger known as General Noir, there was little to no hope for this poor settlement.

Noir was the one who'd stolen the ancient tree from the forest in such a vicious act that his own military followers did not truly wish to know of his plans. Only those actually part of his military force were allowed any convenience in his refuge. But most of them would have chosen the lower society of the refuge over the comfort of upper society after witnessing the inhumanity of his actions.

Noir stands before the ancient tree and the Immolation Blade as he did every day for hours, ever calculating ways to remove the weapon from the bark of the tree. All of his strength couldn't force the blade. All of his weaponry couldn't annihilate the tree. One of his higher officers enters the room and salutes. "Sir", she says.

"Unless this is about the Immolation Blade, I care not to hear it", the general says coldly, glancing over his shoulder.

"It is, sir. The Barrier has been shattered."

A smug grin makes its way onto Noir's face. He turns his head back to the tree. "What of the girl? Red Riding Hood, was it? What of her?"

The officer glances beyond Noir at the Immolation Blade. "The girl had gone into the Crystal Cavern. They were last seen on the other side of that mountain after it'd erupted. They're on their way to the mountain refuge, sir. The eruption didn't make it to the forest before the barrier was broken. The magma solidified the instant it reached the barrier. It only went down moments ago, sir. We know because..."

"Because the wolves are on the prowl. What of the Wendigo?"

"It is coming."

Noir's face grew suddenly grim once more. "Let it come. It will be worth the challenge. Dismissed"

The Officer nods and gives a salute before leaving the room. Noir glared intently into his reflection against the steel of the blade. The Wendigo was thought to be a creature with no equal. It was rumored to be a being of pure rage and hatred. One of unknown origin, unstoppable by all but one force. Noir had trained his body to the limits of any man but even with his near perfect physical ability, Noir knows very well he cannot defeat the Wendigo without the Immolation Blade. He too knows that he cannot wield the blade without the help of the one person on the planet capable of removing it from the ancient tree - Red Riding Hood.

"The girl can remove the blade from the bark," Noir says to himself. "Then I will kill the girl and take the blade. With it, I'll rid myself of the only remaining obstacle between the forest and myself. Once I do that, the forest will be at my mercy."
Back to top Go down
Soul
Newcomer
Newcomer
Soul

XPoints 177
. X

~* Artist ID *~
Art Style:

PostSubject: Re: Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul   Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 5:19 pm

Soul wrote:
Yet another short chapter but it's setting up for something so yeah...

Chapter 8 - Restless

As the volcanic eruption shakes the earth, it too marks the beginning of horrid events to come. The magma slowly creeps down the face of the mountain with high anticipation as it approaches the forest below. The forest spirits now hide away in the overworld, watching the land of the living. Meanwhile, the beastial wolf known as The Wendigo, stands its ground against the scorching hot stone. It snarls viciously, awaiting the coming event. Then, almost as if impatient for its own demise, it rushes toward the edge of the forest, rapidly approaching the heat. But it stop short at the foot of the mountain where the Crystal Cavern is now sealed off. It presses its paws against an invisible barrier only inches from the stone cliff that would eventually lead into the mountain. The magma, finally reaching the barrier, solidifies on contact, turning instantly to stone.

As smoke rises from the lava in this, its moment of weakness, the barrier begins to deteriorate. It fades away into nothingness, the once hot magma now no more than heated rock. The Wendigo touches its paws to the air where the barrier once stood then snarls again, climbing up the rock then dashing along the face of the mountain, racing to its target. The old wolf watches from the bushes in wake of the massacre that the Wendigo left behind. Dead wolves and clawed trees are all that remain where the battle between this mysterious pack and the beast. But this one wolf, this one old, elusive, pack leader had evaded injury each time the beast appeared. What was its secret? Nothing could replace the eerie feeling that this silent killer brought with it, not even the Wendigo. There was no sense of danger greater than the one provided by the gaze of this wolf on the back one's neck. It turns its head, scanning over the carnage before it then leaves silently without so much as a twig snapping under its paw.

The Wendigo isn't as graceful. It barrels up the rocky face of the volcanic mountain, kicking up stone and dirt. It's on a mission and won't stop until that goal has been fulfilled. On the other side of the mountain, by now far across the river and scaling the adjacent mountain face, is Red Riding Hood, former wielder of the Immolation Blade. It stalks the girl from afar, waiting for its chance. Its goal, though not unknown, is most certainly not one of a pleasant nature. Several pack wolves pursue the Wendigo from the forest only to find themselves broken within seconds of reaching the range of the beast's long, hulking arms and razor-charp claws.

On the distant mountain Red can hear the cries of the slaughtered wolves. They howl out to the moon, forever unanswered. She knows of only one thing left capable of killing the wolves and, unfortunately, it wasn't fond of her either. "They're coming," she sayds to the Lumberjack, "The barrier's down and they're coming."

"The wolves are only a minor obstacle before us, lass. Them, you can handle."

"True." Red stares at the sheathed blade on her waist. "But it's not them I'm worried about."

Crook walks beside the lot of Red and her company. He makes sure to watch Leaf carefully, his eye never leaving her back. But when Red's grandmother pets the paranoid fox, he glances up to her. "You're quite the warrior now, aren't you? Standing up to that beast when you're not even half its size. It reminds me of someone I used to know back in the glory days", she says. Crook looks up to the aging woman before redirecting his full attention to Leaf, fixing his red eyes upon her once more.

As the crickets chirp in the night, everyone rests some time later. Red's fallen asleep, peacefully lying in the arms of her too sleeping grandmother. The Lumberjack rests, sitting up against a rock in the ground as Leaf sleeps in the grass. But Crook is not one to rest. Ever watching and ever concerned, the former warrior sits up, awake and anxious. He scans over the area carefully every few seconds, making sure that no danger is within reach. The watchful guardian stands when he hears the rustling in the bushes. Only a squirrel. Crook eases for some amount of seconds before next jumping at the sound of an Owl's hoot.

Crook is nervous. More than any of the party, he can sense the evils approaching. He can barely challenge the pack wolves. How could he ever hope to defend Red, Leaf, and the others against The Wendigo? Nonetheless, he eases himself, puffing smoke from his pipe. He stands perfectly still, uneasily calm. The crickets chirp, the owls hoot, the faint sound of the rushing waters in the river can even be heard. But the peace is interrupted. With his acute ability to hear, he can make out the pattern of footsteps in the river, water splashing up from the rushing stream. He buckles down into a defensive stance and growls, awakening Red and the Lumberjack. "What's wrong with you?" Red asks, looking out into the woods.

"We should be going. Crook can sense things that we can't. I think something's on its way here and we won't find it to our liking", Lumberjack warns as he stands up, cracking his spine from having been resting it against a hard stone.

"The Mountain Refuge isn't far from here," says Red's grandmother as she gets up, helping Red to her feet. "We might want to get going now, dear. No telling what Crook's riled up at."

As everyone stands in agreement, Lumberjack nudges Leaf, waking her up. She rubs her eyes like a small child an weakly stands. "Are we leaving?" She questions, removing her hands from her face. Here, on the dirt covered mountain, away from the trees and largely grassy areas, one can hardly tell Leaf is a nymph. Her green skin pigment fades to the brown of the dirt and only shines wherever there are patches of grass. Her eyes don't have nearly the same glow they do. But here in the mountains, everyone is out of their element.

The lot of them get together and leave before any more misfortune can possibly befall them, leaving Crook to growl at the bushes before finally turning his back on them to join the party. Further down the mountain, the vicious beast leaps along the rocks, snarling in pursuit. It crushes the stones it steps on as if they were twigs and leaps over boulders, letting nothing get in its way. The mission will not be interrupted.

Soul wrote:
Chapter 9 - Refugee

In the eerie veil of night, Red and Crook come up to a point in the mountain where they can see the light of a flowing blaze. The crisp, orange light given off is all the welcome any of the party require. With all haste, Red charges ahead, leaving all of the others to collect the dust from the trail she leaves. Here, on the top of this ridge, is the goal they've sought for so long. "The refuge", Redsays, a hint of relief in her voice. Though much to her delight, Crook, Lumberjack, and her Grandmother aren't so enthusiastic. They wander through the refuge of the mountains, attracting several dirty looks.

The cold glares of begging children and merchants is cast upon them from all directions. Red soon feels it as well. It's the same feeling of eyes on the back of her neck increased tenfold. Her relief becomes discomfort and she tightens the hoo, closing it more around her head.

A child among many points Leaf out among the five. "That girl's green", he says. Leaf, sitting on Lumberjack's shoulder, seems to not acknowledge him. She shrugs him off as if he were never there but she knew better. She didn't find anything strange about herself, considering her origins. Forest Nymphs, naturally, had a slightly green skin pigment that made them heavily resemble plants. Just as sea nymphs tend to appear blue or volcanic nymphsare often red, Leaf was green. However, the more she hears it, the more awkward she begins to feel.

The cloak of Red's hood flows behind her as she walks, making her appear to have some form of heroic quality. She stops when she finds an open place, free of people and the others do the same. "This place," Red sighs, "I don't like it here. Why is this refuge so cold? The people, I mean."

"Sometimes, lass, you become where you're from", he responds.

"These people are just disconected, dear. They aren't used to outsiders like us being here. We're lucky to be here at all. I thought they'd have walls, keeping outsiders...out."

Red glances out from her hood and around at the poor refuge. It'd looked like it'd been through an apocalypse of its own. All of the shelters were cheaply made by tying sticks together. Most people had no shoes for treading this hard, stone floor that the mountain had presented them. Kids were dirty and older men were passed out in the paths, either exhausted or drunk. "This is making me sick", Red complained.

Lumberjack stood on a table before several refugees. Red was surprised the table didn't fall apart beneath his massive structure.Ifso much as a feather were to fall on him, it would collapse for certain. "Listen up," he announced, Leaf still on his shoulders, "I'm looking for the Leader of your refuge, here. Do any of you know where he is?" The crowd was silent, their glares now more harsh and cold than ever. Lumberjack then sighs and steps down, the table collapsing the second he's planted firmly on the ground.

"For the record, I knew that was going to happen", Red scoffed, looking away.

"Lucian, Lucian, is that you?" Cries an unfamiliar voice. A tall man emerges from a small hut. His body covered in battle scars, his build like that ofa man who wrestles with bears for a living. "By god, Lucian, you haven't ages a day." His hair is thinning yet still keeps its full, black color. His teeth are, surprisingly, all in tact.

The Lumberjack sets Leaf down between Red and Crook then turns to face the man. The two exchange friendly handshakes with a certain gleam in their eyes. "I could say the same to you, friend. Ever since the Great Apocalypse, I figured you'd be aging like no tomorrow. Well, I can see I was some part right."

"Aye, friend, that's true enough. So who is this lot you seem to have dragged along with you?"

"Ah, you've met two of 'em before. This is none other than Ms. Little Red Riding Hood."

Red undoes her hood and pulls it back, away from her face. "Well, I'll have a hard time calling her little anymore, friend. She's grown quite a bit."

"We've actually talked about that several times, sir", Red agrees.

The Lumberjack shoots an authoritative glare in Red's direction then glances back to hisold friend. "And, of course, you remember Ms. Mary Hood. This is my old partner, Gregorio Wolfsbane, in case you're hard of memory, lass."

"Oh, she wouldn't remember me. It was even before the Great Apocalypse. The lass was hardly four years of age", Wolfsbane replies. "Anyway, friend, what brings you to the mountain refuge? How did you even get here? What, you odged your way through the forest, friend?"

"Aye, that we did. We need your help, friend."

Wolfsbane suddenly grows quiet for a moment, looking down as if to think. He then opens the entrance to the hut. "Watch your step. This entrance leads to a tunnel."

Far off, on the darkest side of the mountain, the beast lurks. It stops just short of the refuge, lowering itself to stalk its prey undetected. In the instance of the visitors, Wolfsbane has ordered the entrance to the town be guarded. No problem for this monster. It stalks slowly, carefully. The guards seenothing more than a sudden overcast as seconds later, they're pounced by the massive, black animal and slaughtered on the spot, most likely torn limb from limb, neck snapped first so they've no way to cry out. The Wendigo is as intelligent as it is brutish. A small boy sees the hulking creature and throws a rock at it, thinking it an outsider. But the instant the beast steps out of the shadows on its hind legs, revealing itself to the boy, it bears its many sharp fangs and snarls, leaving the boy paralyzed in fear.

In Wolfsbane's quarters, everyone sits down opposite the refuge leader. "So, friend, tell me what exactly would force you on such a dangerous mission through the most dangerous region left on the planet."

"The Immolation Blade", Lumberjack says.

"The Immolation Blade? I thought that only a myth."

"No sir," Red chimes in, "It's very real. And right now it's in very dangerous hands in the refuge out in the desert. We need a transport out there because we would never make it there on foot."

Wolfsbane stands and paces, pondering over the situation. "This isa very serious matter then. If the old tale is, in fact, true, then the Immolation Blade can only be wielded by someone the spirits of the forest deem worthy."

Red remains quiet. But Leaf taps her on her shoulder. The nymph's eyes are pure white, glazed over as if she's been possessed. Red glances first to Wolfsbane then grabs Leaf by the wrist and pulls her to the corner to speak while the others are speaking among one another. Crooklooks back to them, smoking his pipe quietly. "Leaf, are you..."

"The forest is unprotected. Only the one of the crimson cowl can defend it against The Flames", says the familiar voice of one of the forest spirits. The voice projects itself from Leaf over her own.

"The wolves, they prowl," says the voice of the second, "But the Wendigo, it stalks."

"Wait, what about the Wendigo?"

"It is near", say both voices.

Red's face grows distraught. She abruptly turns herself and approaches the others. "Weapons, Wolfsbane, sir, do you have weapons? Anything made of silver", Red urges. The Lumberjack stares at the girl curiously. Though his puzzled expression becomes one of fear when he sees Red's panicked eyes. Wolfsbane walks to the back of the room and opens a chest. Inside is a key, forged with the finest of silver and gold alloys. Tossing it to the Lumberjack, he too pulls out a set of bows and arrows.

"Protect that key for me, will you, friend?" Wolfsbane jokes, throwing the arrows over his back and holding the bow in his hand. As the Lumberjack nods, Wolfsbane opens the hatch leading back to the surface of the refuge where he can hear the screams of women and children, the cries of wounded men, an the roar of flames. "So, it's come to this, has it?"

"With all due respect, friend, you have no idea what's out there," says the Lumberjack, "You can't fight it. It doesn't stop and will never stop until its mission is carried out...whatever that may be."

Wolfsbane stops before leaving and looks back to his olf friend. "Lucian, you never did like the fight. I'm not as helpless as you believe me to be. These arrowheads...I had the blacksmith forge them out of a special silver metal. It's the most powerful substance available to us on this mountain, capable of piercing diamond. That keyis also made of that substance. Get to the foot of the mountain. You'll find a hidden door. The key opens it. I'm sure you'll like what you find."

As Wolfsbane leaves, the Lumberjack turns to face everyone else. Red tightens her hood and holds Leaf's hand as her Grandmother nods to him. The lot of them leave with Crook covering the rear. They make their way to the other side of the refuge, evading anyone with a weapon. In the center of the Refuge is the Wendigo, standing atop utter carnage. It snarls then howls to the glowing night times moon. But Wolfsbane stands before it, dragging the bow along with him. The beast stops to see the man as he aims an arrow at it. "You'll do no more damage here, cretin." The Wendigo bears all of its fangs at the warrior as he releases the arrow. The silver streak soars through the air, the trail behind it left shimmering as the glitter of the steel is left behind. The arrow pierces the beast in the chest but it only stands there as if it'd been only a mosquito. It then begins to approach him.

Wolfsbane turns and begins to run through the refuge, leading as he occasionally turns to shoot another arrow. The Wendigo only does so much as to put its arm up to block the flying spears on occasion. It leaps from the path and onto on the the mountain's rock walls then pounces from that wall at Wolfsbane as the warrior turns to shoot another arrow, dropping it from the air.

By now, Red and the others are out of the mountain refuge and on their way down the mountain face, running for fear that soon the monster may claim Wolfsbane and be after them once more. "Come on, we've got to move faster. We can't defend against that beast and if it finds us, we may as well be dead!" The Lumberjack urges.

"How far down the mountain is this door supposed to be?!" Red complains.

"We'll know it when we see it, Lass just move, we don't have time to be doubting what little knowledge we have!"

In the refuge, Wolfsbane finds himself cornered against a mountain wall but when he turns around, the Wendigo is nowhere to be seen. He can hear the snarl and smell the blood on the beast's fur but it's invisible to him. Then he turns his head to the sky to find that the beast has clung to a mountain wall. He pulls and arrow and releases just as it lunges down on him, the sound of crunching bone echoing over the refuge. The Wendigo stands and pulls the arrows from its body before the wounds heal then it lifts the broken man and throws him into a merchant's hut and proceeds, leaving Wolfsbane dead, a broken spine and bite mark on his side. The mountain refuge has fallen to the beast.

Down the mountain, Red helps her grandmother to keep up as Leaf rests on Lumberjack's shoulders. Crook holds his pipe firmly in his jaws, puffing smoke only every few minutes. Looking back, one can see the flames engulfing the mountain refuge. They can hear the howl of the enraged monster as it approaches. "We're not far enough away," Red says, "It'll catch up to us. 'The Forest is nolonger defended'. What does that mean?"

"It means that the wolves and the beast are free to come and go as they please, but that isn't all. The barrier that once protected both the forest and those outside her is gone. That barrier was meant to protect the forest from harm and lock in the wolves and the Wendigo, preventing anyone outside the forest from being hurt. But the barrier was destroyed not long after the Ancient Tree was taken. All it needed was one force and it's go down", Lumberjack explains.

Red thinks for a minute then comes to a startling realization. "The eruption. The magma must have caused the barrier to disappear."

"That would make sense. We don't have the time to worry over it now. We need to get the blade back and get the tree back to the forest."

Far away in the desert refuge, Noir walks through his quarters when he finds that someone has entered his room. "Report", he says.

"The Mountain Refuge has been desolated, sir. It was the Wendigo. Their leader, Wolfsbane, was killed by it."

"How unfortunate. I'd hoped he would have lasted longer. I wanted the pleasure of besting him in combat myself. But if a mindless monster such as the Wendigo could so easily kill him, then how can I truly say he was worthy of me?" Noir scoffs, flipping through the pages of a familiar and comforting book. "Private, do you know the battle-cry of the giants?"

The Private shakes her head. "No sir, I don't."

"Fee Fi Fo Fum...it figuratively translates to 'I will show you a battle, the likes of which you have never seen'. Literally, it translates to 'Let there be blood'." Noir then closes the book with an ominous chuckle. "So, you old wolf, I suppose a cat would be a more accurate title for you. How many liveshave you left?"

In the fallen mountain refuge all of the people gather around their fallen leader as he opens his eyes an stands. The fire's been calmed and the injured are being tended to. An angry refugee screams out to Wolfsbane. "You always told us that outsiders would bring terror to our refuge! Now you house them?"

"Alright, all of you listen," Wolfsbane announces, "I did not forsee the event at hand. This was a terrible event but the danger is now gone and we must put all of our effort into the reconstruction of our refuge."

"The outsiders brought that monster!"

Wolfsbane says nothing. He onlycasts his gaze over the riled crowd. Finally, he raises his bow. "The outsiders brought this horror upon us. We will find them and make sure they answer for their crimes. But we cannot do so now. For the time being, the reconstruction must be our only focus."

Unfortunately, Wolfsbane's desperate attempt to stall for time is ignored by several of his people. One of them becomes so enraged that he screams out from the back, "We'll send a group after them and the rest will stay and rebuild."

"Who would be fool enough to go and challenge them, they who brought that beast here?"

"My men and I will be more than happy to tend to this matter", says a shady man, stepping out of the crowd.

Wolfsbane seems to grow worried suddenly. "I wasn't aware of your return, Drake. I suppose, being a bounty hunter, you'll desire a reward."

"You know me well, sir", Drake says eerily, tipping his hat back.

"What is your wish?"

"I'd like to be made an advisor to the great Wolfsbane...if I succeed in bringing the girl back."

Wolfsbane, knowing when he's lost a battle, attempts to resist but ultimately admits and nods, leaving to begin a headcount of those left dead. Drake wraps his brown, tattered cloak around his lean body and walks away, his hat casting a shadow over his face as a smug grin makes its way across his face.
Back to top Go down
Soul
Newcomer
Newcomer
Soul

XPoints 177
. X

~* Artist ID *~
Art Style:

PostSubject: Re: Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul   Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 12:52 pm

Still working on 10
Back to top Go down
tatiilange
Admin
Admin
tatiilange

XPoints 3713
. . Nayeli

~* Artist ID *~

PostSubject: Re: Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul   Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 12:54 pm

Cant wait to read 10 !
Back to top Go down
Soul
Newcomer
Newcomer
Soul

XPoints 177
. X

~* Artist ID *~
Art Style:

PostSubject: Re: Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul   Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 11:36 am

Computer crashed, I'll get back to this soon since I'm back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul   Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul Empty

Back to top Go down

Fable Dark: Red Riding Hood by Soul
Page 1 of 1